Saturday, July 16, 2011

Victoria Falls

Thursday afternoon - Victoria Falls


Breathtaking! 1.7 kilometers wide... This is just the beginning. The river/ falls is the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe.





Al and Kem's dream come true!


View of the bridge from the falls


We had to rent ponchos to stay dry


The mist the falls give off is crazy


The pedestrian bridge we crossed


The river right before the falls


This made mom nervous :-)


We saw many rainbows


View of the falls from the main bridge


For the civil engineer - Andy


View of the bungee jump and zip line. I tried to do the zip line, but the workers were taking a lunch break! I was very disappointed!


Dad and I crossed over into Zimbabwe


Me in Zimbabwe


View of the river post falls and bridge. On the right is Zimbabwe and on the left is Zambia.


Market where we bought most of our souvenirs


Great experience!

No comments: