Monday, July 4, 2011

Residency is over!

I'm happy to report that I have officially completed my 2nd year of pharmacy residency at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital and I'm now eligible to start paying back my student loans... :-) I'm so glad to have this milestone behind me, as it was a challenging two years in both Charleston and Nashville. But, I learned a great deal and know I will be a better clinician because of it. And even though I didn't have a ton of free time in either city, I'm really glad to say I lived in both places.
I managed to celebrate "the end" for the last week or so in Nashville. This involved many great restaurants and of course dessert! Monday, the clinical pharmacy team (minus Alison) celebrated at Burger Up. It was great to all be together outside of work.



My co-residents, Susan and Amanda just completed their 1st year and will be staying at Vandy for another year. I will certainly miss these girls! Amanda only has a few more weeks to go until she welcomes her 2nd child!



Katie McLure Bruce was a friend of mine at Auburn and served as my mentor this year. I gave her the "mentor of the year" award for being so outstanding and helping me make it through. It even came with her own little crown!





So long Nashville! Maybe now I'll have time to keep up with this blog...



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Nashville, TN

No comments: