Updates from Texas
Today’s Sarah’s big day!! We have had a great time in Texas – it has been non-stop since we landed. Thursday night they had a cookout out at their ranch which was really neat – it was so beautiful out there – very “Texas…” Friday morning the girls all had a nail party at a local salon then off to the Bridesmaid’s luncheon at a house of a family friend. After the rehearsal we had a dinner at The Texas Sports Hall of Fame. It was a really cool venue that highlighted many important times in Texas sports history. Sarah and Adam also had all of their sports memorabilia from childhood displayed. My favorite thing about the weekend so far is getting to meet all of Sarah and Adam’s extended families. They both have very close knit families that happen to live all over the country - from North Dakota to North Carolina – all here in Texas. Today is going to be a long day, but I know it will be a beautiful wedding. I’m very excited for Sarah and Adam to begin their life together and I can’t wait to see how the Lord uses them in His purposes. I'm trying to include a few of the pictures we’ve taken so far.
Updates from home
Will is playing in the final rounds of the State Match play today in Tuscaloosa. It started Thursday morning with 64 competitors. 32 Thursday afternoon, 16 and 8 on Friday and now Will is in the Final 4 today!! He has played very well and kept his calm. This morning he is playing against Glenn Northcutt who plays on the Auburn team. Mom is there supporting him and relaying the stats. Good Luck Will! www.bamagolf.com
Our chocolate lab, Chip, “ran away” from home a few days ago in Auburn. He is normally kept at home by the electric dog fence. After he was missing for a few days, my brother Andy went to the pound to look for him. Chip was there looking very sad. He was excited to see Andy but also had that look that he knew he was in trouble… Andy loaded him in the truck and when they got home Chip was hovered down in the corner and wouldn’t get out of the back of the truck because he knew he would get in trouble once my dad saw him. I’m so glad he’s back – while I am not a big ‘dog person’ I really like Chip and would be very sad to not see him when I go home! Meanwhile, my cat of 17 years is still kicking and would probably be very happy not to see Chip again.
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment