Saturday, August 2, 2008

Reflection

This blogging thing is a little bit addictive! I am exhausted but couldn't let the day end without posting something...
The last 36 hours at home I've spent reflecting on the trip...but I know that will continue for a long time - there are still so many things from the experience that are just starting to come to the surface. Overall, it was a wonderful experience and I would do it all again in a heartbeat. I do hope I can use my medical training to do this type of trip again as well as working with the actual people groups. I'm so thankful the Lord has given me a heart for Africa and I can't wait to see how He can use me in the big picture of reaching the nations.
I'm happy to report that I went to sleep at 9pm last night and slept until 7:30 this morning without the help of Ambien or Benadryl!! I felt much better today but am still quite dizzy from the Mefloquin, my GI system is still a little "off" and I think I am coming down with a little cold...but I cannot complain - I am so thankful we had no illnesses within our medical team during the trip. I just pray I am up to speed before I head to Texas next weekend for Sarah and Adam's wedding!! :-)
It's been good to be at home with my family, but tomorrow I must head to Birmingham to get settled before I start my first stateside rotation Monday morning...

No comments: