Friday, August 1, 2008

Home Sweet Home!

We made it home safely today without much trouble. We left Senegal shortly after 3am (10pm here) and flew 9 hours to the states. I am very thankful for my Amiben pill I took right after boarding...because I do not even remember taking off and woke up about 7 hours later! Dad didn't sleep as well as it is hard for him to be comfortable on the plane b/c of his height. I watched a movie and dozed off and on for the last 2 hours and before I knew it we were on the ground. We made it through customs fine and Mom was waiting at baggage claim for us. We drove in the driveway around 9:30am today - about 27 hours after we had left the hotel...no too bad.
I'm glad to be home and I'm sure it will take me a couple of days to adjust - both to food and sleep. I've loaded some more pictures today - so enjoy these last few. I'm sure I have a few more stories to share about the trip on the blog so keep watch! Have a great weekend!


No comments: