WOW...3 to 2!! You don't see that much in College football. It was definitely a defensive battle. If you're looking for a super high-scoring game...you probably won't find it when AU plays an SEC team.
Now...I do not like to be negative and I hate to see all the negativity in the media and from other SEC fans - because honestly, what does it benefit? I know our offense is struggling a bit (I'm being positive), but we still have time to work out the kinks of the new spread and besides, our defense is amazing! They held Miss St. to 116 total yards and 0-for-16 on 3rd downs. In the first three games, the defense has only allowed 16 points, 9 of which were generated by our fabulous offense. It's a team sport and if our defense keeps playing like they have, we will win many ballgames this year. I just hope the team can ignore all the negativity this week and work hard to get ready for the big game next weekend - Reason #1: we must win, but Reason #2: I live with a die-hard, abnoxious LSU fan who will not let me live it down and I might have to move out if we lose! :-)
WAR EAGLE!
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment