Sunday, September 21, 2008

my thoughts on game day

Before the game:
  • It's GAME DAY!!! Corso and Herbstreet have picked us to win
  • The home team has won the last 8 meetings...we must take advantage of the home team position
  • Optimistic about our offense - I believe we will look much improved this week
  • Trusting our defense to keep their points low
  • Tailgaiting all day...seeing friends (newlyweds Sarah & Adam, Amy P., Katie & Ben, Joy & Jordan, Kelly & Chip, Ashley M., Molly A. and many more)
  • Decked out in orange and blue, LSwho pin, AU face tatoo...super excited for the big day!
After the game:
  • Sad day... :-(
  • Hard-fought game; dominated first half but lost steam in the 2nd
  • Defense struggled in the 2nd half...
  • 5 lead changes kept it intense
  • I think I need to be on anti-anxiety meds during these big games - I could not stop shaking the entire game...I don't want to admit it but that's bad.
  • "I believe" videos are AUsome...especially the one with Bo Jackson - they get me fired up!
  • As the OA news put it..."It was weird. It was wild. It was a barnburner without the fire."

No comments: