I didn't have time to post before I left yesterday, so hello from Athens, Greece!! I left Auburn at 1:30pm Tuesday afternoon with a 32 lb. backpack and another small bag. Amy and I flew separately, which was weird traveling internationally by myself. I flew AirFrance out here and I was certainly lost with all the french speaking going on. Anyway, Amy and I finally found each other in the Athens airport after about 15 minutes - she had me paged over the intercom b/c there was no other way... We successfully found the right bus to get us to the town center (1 hr. long ride, very crowded with the 32lb backpack on my leg the whole way) and then navigated the metro system to find our hostel for the night. I'm glad I can finally say that I have stayed in a hostel, but I won't miss it the rest of our trip!
We made our way back to the Monastiraki part of town and found a quaint and cozy outside restaurant to relax, eat and watch the sunset. It was great! Now we are back at the hostel, preparing for our early morning ferry ride to the island of Santorini.
The rest of our trip will be something like this:
Thursday - ferry to Santorini, beach, etc
Friday - beach at Santorini and overnight ferry back to Athens
Sat - Athens sight-seeing
Sun - more Athens sight-seeing in the am and then catch an afternoon bus to the conference center where the IMB annual general meeting is taking place
Mon & Tues - help out in the medical clinic for 800-900 missionaries - will probably be giving a lot of immunizations, TB skin tests and helping out in the pharmacy.
Wed - Tenatively plan to go to Corinth for the day and back in Athens that night
Thurs - fly out!
IT's going to be a quick trip, but we're going to try and see as much as we can...
I will hopefully try to update my blog again from Santorini - not sure if I can figure out how to put pictures on here though...
Yeah for vacation and traveling!
9 years ago
1 comment:
have fun!!!
Post a Comment