9 years ago
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Retail rotation
I started my retail rotation at RiteAid this week. It is my first real experience in the retail world (except the student pharmacy)...and my last rotation in pharmacy school! Very unusual. Anyway, if I had written this blog on Monday, it would have been very negative because I HATED my first day! I didn't know how to do anything on the computer, little old ladies were yelling at me through the drive thru, operating the drive thru is dumb and the techs didn't teach me anything, instead just pushed all the buttons on the computer with out showing me. But, it has improved slightly since Monday. I'm not a big fan of my store or the pharmacist that works the opposite days of my preceptor, but I am learning and getting faster at operating retail pharmacy tasks. The 8-hour days are going by faster and I am glad I am not working the 12-hour shifts like the pharmacist. I think not getting paid/free labor is part of the problem - but I need to get over that, as it is part of my education! Only 21 more days...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment