Monday, December 15, 2008

Tribute to my cat, Sugar

Ok. so I'm very sad right now! My cat of 16+ years is dying... My parents found her in the corner of our garage this weekend and she is struggling to live. We think she had a stroke or something because one of her front legs is paralyzed - and when I stopped in at home Thurs night on my way back from Orlando, we heard a cat screaming but couldn't find her. Anyway, mom is taking her to the vet tomorrow morning to make a final assessment on the situation.
As most of you know, I am not much of a dog person (and Sarah said that is okay!) but I just loved my two cats. We got Sugar and Tiger when I was in 5th grade. We named them after Auburn - Sugar because I thought Auburn always went to the sugar bowl for some reason and then obviously tiger after our mascot. Tiger passed away about 8 years ago, but Sugar has outlived all of her brothers and sisters that were also living in our neighborhood. She was kind of a cranky cat until Tiger died and then took his place as the sweet one.
All that to say, I wish I was in Auburn so I could go with mom in the morning, but I'm not... so I'll just have a little grieving session here by myself. :-( Sad day!

No comments: