Friday, May 22, 2009

Moving to Charleston


Well, my house is all packed up. My parents are coming up this afternoon to load and then early tomorrow morning we are hitting the road for Charleston. I-20 almost all the way - about 7 hours... I sure hope all of my stuff fits!! Packing really makes you realize how much "junk" you have, store, keep, "need" for daily living. It always overwhelms me, makes me want to throw it away and ALWAYS brings to mind the verse, "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven...For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matt 6:19-21 I'd love to always say my heart is not with my stuff and only with things that are eternal...it's a daily struggle to keep focus on what's really important!!

3 comments:

Nick and Christina Brannen said...

I think Charleston will be such a fun place to live! Hope the move goes well and please post pictures of your new place when you get there.

Brad and Gina Moreman said...

Charleston is so fun! We have been there once and loved it!

Allison Boman said...

I hope all goes well with your move, Jessica! You'll have to be sure and post pictures of your new place. I am very happy for you!!