This past weekend my good friend Sarah from college/pharmacy school came to town!! She left Atlanta about the same time I left Nashville on Friday afternoon (after my interview) and we arrived in Bham about the same time. It was SO great to have her here and show her around - I took her to some of my favorite restaraunts and we also did some cheesy touristy stuff like The Vulcan. I had never been up to see the Vulcan before, so I thought it was a good idea to take her there. She didn't tell me about her newfound fear of heights until we were getting on the elevator to go up. It was neat to see Birmingham from that view...it was quite windy as you can tell by our pictures. We then took her dog, Colby on a walk at Vulcan trail. I enjoyed having someone at Brook Hills with me on Sunday and was glad she got to see the great church I have found here. She was also very patient in listening to all of my pros/cons about my residency decisions all weekend - I was very thankful for the insight and understanding. All in all, it was a great weekend and I really appreciated her taking the time to come!
I am a sinner saved by grace, daughter, sister, friend, "aunt," pharmacist, AU fan and southern gal. I started this blog at the beginning of my 4th year of pharmacy school (2008) when I had the opportunity to do a elective rotation in West Africa. I used the blog to journal my trip and share it with others. Then, I somewhat enjoyed the blogging world, so I have been attempting to keep it up over the past several years but focus mainly on my journeys to Africa. While my life may not seem too exciting, I hope that you see the Lord's guidance through each of my steps. He is faithful and may He be glorified through my life. "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails!" Prov 19:21
3 comments:
Such a great weekend!! can you send me pics so i can post too...and just have them :) miss you!
what are your favorite restaurants in bham?
Well...Cocina Superior is definitely my favorite! I also love Jim N Nicks and Taziki's (friday special of course)...just to name a few.
Post a Comment