Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rwanda Opportunity

So...I have an opportunity to go to Rwanda in March with Kanakuk Colorado!! The minute I heard about the trip, I signed up to be a chaperone because I was so excited. I have been praying about the opportunity, but still do not know if it is a wise choice based on how much this trip will cost. The trip works out perfectly with my Spring Break so that I would not have to miss any school/rotation work. I would be helping chaperone 30 kids on possibly their first international mission trip...and the best part is what we will be doing: working in an orphanage where Miss Gabby Braner (daughter of K-CO directors) was adopted from and helping to lay the foundational work for KAA - that is KIDS ACROSS AFRICA!! Yes, they are building a Kanakuk Kamp in Africa! So, as you can see, I am super excited about the possibility. Now to the possibly limiting part...I have to raise half of my cost by Dec 1st! And that just happens to be $2000. Now, I completely believe that the Lord will provide for me if He desires that I go. I am just not sure if it is wise for someone who is on student loans and has racked up over 100,000 of loans to be raising support and spending some of my loan money right now. I think it is an awesome opportunity and one I am dying to be a part of. So, please pray that I will bring this before the Lord continually and follow His lead - not my own desires. I am willing to sacrifice whatever necessary to make this happen - I'm just not sure what that looks like for me and my situation. I'd appreciate an insight or encouragement you have. Thanks for your prayers over this opportunity!

P.S. They also need one more Female chaperone - who wants to go with me??

4 comments:

Sarah Garner said...

I would like some info please. dates, etc. I would love to come!

Matt and Naomi O'Reilly said...

Sounds like a great trip for you to go on! I will be praying that the Lord will provide the money!

Courtney said...

I want to come!!!

jac said...

what about male chaperones...