9 years ago
Friday, October 24, 2008
Carraway hospital is closing...
I'm sure you've all heard the news about Carraway Hospital here in Bham closing this week. It's quite sad and I think it has been coming for a while now...but the financial issues are finally reality. When I walked into work this Monday, to the Carraway Clinic where I am this month, I could tell something was different...only 1 person in the waiting room...receptionists looked sad...no doctor sign-in sheets...and the truth came out that they let all of their residents go at 8am and planned to close the hospital this week and the clinic by Oct 31. So, it has been an interesting few days to help notify some of our coumadin patients, help Dr. Kelley move all the AU equipment, etc. I know the other students, Dr. Kelley and I will all be fine because we are with Auburn, but I just feel so bad about all the residents and employees that now have to find new jobs and possibly move to a new city! It would be great if you could keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment