Who: My dad and I
What: Medical clinic staff for the IMB's West Africa region annual conference
Where: Ivory Coast (aka Cote d'Ivoire)
When: July 23 - August 1
Why: From what I understand, this is the one time of year that all of the missionaries from this region come together for fellowship and renewal. With that said, this is the time for them to have annual physicals and take care of any medical needs that have arisen. Hopefully we will be able to supply them with many medications and supplies to last throughout the coming year. My dad will serve alongside another physician from Mississippi as well as a few other nurses coming from the states. I will be assisting in the medical clinic in whatever way I am needed (hopefully with the pharmacy needs). I am so thankful that this trip is counting as one of my 5 week rotations for my 4th year of Pharmacy School!! For more information on this region: www.gowestafrica.org
How you can pray:
- Traveling mercies
- We have packed and inventoried 2 full trunks of medications and supplies. We only had time to send one list ahead of time to be translated and approved by the government. So we are risking loosing the 2nd trunk full of supplies once we arrive. Please pray that everything will go smoothly Thursday morning with customs and that there will be no trouble getting these much needed supplies into the country.
- That we may be an encouragement to these missionaries and supportive of their hard work on the field
- Opportunities to share with locals, hotel staff, etc. that we come in contact with
1 comment:
yea! welcome to the blog world... i'll be stalking yours! :) praying for y'all....
katie
ps - campbell misses her aunt jess already!
Post a Comment