Tuesday, January 31st
Tuesday morning Mom and I took our time leaving the city and stopped at a few "must-see" sights on our way out. We stopped at Macondray Lane first, which was a cute little garden alley. Mom managed to get a $50 parking ticket for not turning her tires the right way on the 3% incline street...made for some laughs!
Next, Lombard Street again. This time we go out and walked the famous street - I'm sure the people that live on this street love the crowds that are constantly there.
Finally, Alamo Square - home to the famous "painted ladies" that I remember from my favorite childhood show, Full House. (http://youtu.be/d-5HC44GRbk)
So picturesque for San Fran.
Tuesday morning Mom and I took our time leaving the city and stopped at a few "must-see" sights on our way out. We stopped at Macondray Lane first, which was a cute little garden alley. Mom managed to get a $50 parking ticket for not turning her tires the right way on the 3% incline street...made for some laughs!
Next, Lombard Street again. This time we go out and walked the famous street - I'm sure the people that live on this street love the crowds that are constantly there.
Finally, Alamo Square - home to the famous "painted ladies" that I remember from my favorite childhood show, Full House. (http://youtu.be/d-5HC44GRbk)
So picturesque for San Fran.
We began the trek down highway 1 to Monterrey. The ocean views and cliffs became more impressive with each mile. We stopped in Santa Cruz for lunch at this not so great Mexican restaurant - note to self - planning the meals ahead of time usually works better! :-)
We finally made it to our Bed & Breakfast, Green Gables Inn, late afternoon. It was a cute little place right on the coast. Again, my parents had stayed here 20+ years ago and the decor was similar. We had dinner at a local seafood place in Cannery Row and called it a night!
No comments:
Post a Comment