So, I've been in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) this month and have learned a thing or two about names... The babies start out as first name, bb or bg for baby boy or baby girl. Sometimes they add a "middle name" of bu or ob for baby unborn or outborn (to indicate where they were delivered at). So it's funny calling the baby "bg ob smith" for a while. But it doesn't take long for the offical name to show up in cute, crafty letters (the night nurses have a lot of time on their hands) on their door.
The biggest thing I have learned about names this month is what NOT to name your new child! I sure hope to not offend anyone if you like these names. I like most names - the traditional ones and the newer age/ last name phenomenon. But these are a little different...
For example: Twin girls named "Morning Glory" and "Sunshine." Twin boys Chris and Christopher - nice name, but confusing! Next comes baby Nevaeh - that's heaven spelled backwards. Baby Perfecto is a favorite. Miracale is also popular these days. How about La-A for ladasha. How is that kid going to fill out a scantron in school? And finally, Dalasone - for "the last one!" I know there are many more that I'm not remembering right now, but I sure hope you got a good laugh out of this. Only a few more days left in the NICU - then onto the PICU-Cards!
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment