I know, I know - long time no post. But hopefully I can catch up over the holidays!
Today my brother Will is having surgery - he was born with congenital heart disease that required several surgeries when he was young to repair the defects and finally a pacemaker at age 4. He had the pacemaker replaced in 1999 and now has to have it replaced again today (due to battery life). Today he is also having new lead wires placed on his heart that connect to the pacemaker in his abdomen. They are attempting to go in thru his ribs to place the new wires and must go through a lot of scar tissue from previous surgeries to do so. Our hope and prayer is that this will be successful and they will not have to open his chest (which would require much longer recovery). We are at UAB and they took him back to start the surgery around 8am. He was cool as a cucumber, as always... I'm sure he will be flirting with the nurses and have them wrapped around his fingers before too long.
We appreciate all the calls and texts today and definitely appreciate everyone's prayers! We are trusting the Lord to take care of him and guide the surgeons in everything they do. I will update my blog when he is in recovery!
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment