Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fire Alarm

So, night before last the fire alarm in my building went off at 3:15am... it was the loudest, most shrieking sound I have ever heard. Did I mention that there is a speaker directly above my headboard in my room? Very disturbing. Spent 1 hour out in the parking lot mingling with my neighbors. Turns out the guy in 7218 was cooking something with a pressure cooker at 3am and it boiled over. (b/c who doesn't cook at 3am?) Firemen took about 20min to come and 10 min to clear the situation. Then it took at least 30 more minutes for the homeowner's association representative to come to our building and turn the annoying sound off! Ridiculous... Glad I finally got to meet some of my neighbors. then had to get up for work at 5:30am...

So that was Monday night. It happened again last night (Wed)at 2:15am!! Again took 1 hour to resolve and another hour for my ears to stop ringing. No known reason for why the fire alarm went off. Interesting day at work on little sleep... :-(

No comments: