Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy 2009!

I can't believe it's already the 15th of the new year...back to life and back to reality.
A few things have happened over the past few weeks that have made my heart just hurt...
1. My friends Kimberly and Miller lost their baby boy at 18 weeks - my thoughts have been wtih them this week and I know the Lord will keep them strong and provide peace during this hard time.
2. My cat Sugar was finally put to sleep last week - turns out she had severe renal failure, so I am glad she is not suffering anymore.
3. Will's golf coach at UNCC left to take the head coach job at Duke. He was a great coach for Will and I hope the team can still do well this spring despite the changes. I don't want Will to get distracted too much about where he will be next year, so that it affects his performance.
4. I had to tell Kanakuk that I could not go on the Rwanda mission trip this spring - in the end, it was a very expensive trip and things didn't really fall into place for me to go. Hopefully, I will have an opportunity to return to Africa soon...
5. I just worked 75 hours for FREE at the AU Employee/Student Pharmacy over Christmas break...did I mention for FREE?!

But there are many things going on in my life that give me cause to rejoice:
1. Kimmie is going to have baby Isaac any day now...
2. I have 3 interviews lined up for residency (UAB, Wake, UNC) and am hoping to hear from the others soon!
3. I was able to visit Sarah and Kimber in Atlanta a week and a half ago...it was great to be with old friends.
4. Florida won the national championship...yeah for the SEC
5. I went to two AU basketball games over the break and my dad caught me a t-shirt! No really, have you seen how excited people get over winning a t-shirt? They go crazy...for a t-shirt!
6. I am graduating in 3 months and 20 days...but who's counting?
7. I have today OFF and next Monday OFF!!

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

yea for an update! :) i can't wait for you to meet little isaac as well. in fact, I can't wait to meet him either!! haha